This podcast features a series of recordings from the first iPadPaloozaOU conference held in Norman, Oklahoma, on August 26 and 27, 2016. The first segment is a series of audio reflections shared by participants in Shelly Fryer’s Friday breakout session, “The Room 108 Radio Show.” Just like Shelly has her students share in her classroom radio show, iPadPaloozaOU participants shared their first names and answered the question of the day, “What have you learned at iPadPaloozaOU and are taking back to your classroom?” The second segment is Shelly Fryer’s five minute closing keynote, shared on Saturday. Five different Oklahoma educators shared a short talk about a subject they are passionate about during the combined keynote. Shelly talked about homelessness in Oklahoma, her school, Positive Tomorrows, and the importance of loving and building relationships with the students in our classrooms. Shelly shared 1 correction via Twitter following her keynote: 1 in 21 Oklahoma students are homeless today, according to recent studies. Check out the podcast shownotes for a link to a recent NewsOK.com article citing this statistic. Finally, the third podcast segment is a recording of Dr. Wesley Fryer’s breakout session, “iPad Media Activities and Project Matrix.” The description of the session was: “Come learn the specific steps teachers and students can use to create over 20 different iPad media projects as well as whole-class, interactive iPad writing activities. The iPad Media Activity and Project Matrix (www.ipadmediacamp.com/matrix) is used in iPad Media Camp workshops to help teachers learn to integrate effective use of iPads into the curriculum. The matrix includes whole-class response activities (interactive digital writing), single-app projects (using a learning journal like SeeSaw), 2 app projects (create + share) and Multi-app projects (app-smash projects).” The matrix is available as a series of linked Google Draw documents on http://www.ipadmediacamp.com/matrix. Check the podcast shownotes for additional referenced links and resources from these presentations. Many thanks to Anne Beck and her organizer team for making the first iPadPaloozaOU a smashing success!
- iPadPaloozaOU website (@iPadPaloozaOU)
- iPadPaloozaOU 2016 Schedule (on Sched)
- “Parent” iPadPalooza website (@iPadPalooza)
- YouTube audio-only version: iPadPaloozaOU 2016 Takeaways Reflection by Participants
- Room 108 Radio Show (workshop slides & resources) by Shelly Fryer (@sfryer)
- Room 108 Class Radio Show (hosted by Opinion)
- Opinion Podcasts App for iOS (free)
- Positive Tomorrows president: The tragedy of homelessness in Oklahoma City (NewsOK.com, 20 August 2016)
- Positive Tomorrows School in Oklahoma City (@ptokc)
- Shelly Fryer’s Classroom Website
- Shelly Fryer’s Teacher Blog
- iPad Media Activity and Project Matrix (more info on iPadMediaCamp.com)
- YouTube audio-only version: iPad Media Activity & Project Matrix (Aug 2016)
- iPad Media Camp Agenda & Curriculum (Oklahoma City, July 2016)
- Follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- The EdTech Situation Room (@edtechSR) – Wes’ weekly webshow and podcast with Jason Neiffer (@techsavvyteach)
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Tutorials: Record Audio Podcasts with Voice Record Pro or Anchor - 2019
- Start of School Reflections (Fall 2014) - 2014
- Internet Resources for our District Internet Cafe PD Activity - 2012
- Florida FCAT Cut Score Lesson: High Stakes Accountability is About Politics Not Learning - 2012
- Take control of your digital footprint - 2010
- Digital Footprints Essential in Modern Job Hunt - 2010
- Social networking and college roommates - 2007
- Hope for differentiated assessment in Texas? - 2006
- The case for instant messaging in the classroom - 2006
- Blogsieve: Creating a feed river - 2005