Welcome to the November 20, 2016, podcast episode of “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” with Wesley Fryer. This episode includes two recent presentation recordings by Wes from the last two weeks. The first was the opening keynote at the November 12, 2016, Google Summit in Maize, Kansas, titled “Innovating with Google Tools.” The second is an audio recording of Wes’ TEDx presentation on Saturday, November 19, 2016, at Waller Middle School in Enid, Oklahoma. Wes was one of three adult presenters in this #TEDxYouth event, which is one of only 19 similar events in the United States in 2016. The title of Wes’ presentation was, “Digital Citizenship in the Surveillance State.” Check the podcast shownotes for links to the presentation slides from both of these sessions, as well as recent podcasts with and by Wes from the past week referenced in the introduction. If you listen to and enjoy this episode, please reach out to Wes with a comment or via a Twitter reply to @wfryer. Thanks for listening to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity!”
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Slides from “Innovate with Google Tools” (Keynote at Google Summit in Maize, Kansas, 11/12/2016)
- Slides for Wes Fryer’s November 19, 2016 TEDx Talk in Enid, Oklahoma: “Digital Citizenship in the Surveillance State”
- More resources about “Digital Citizenship in the Surveillance State” (an @edtechSR project)
- More info about TedXWallerMiddleSchool
- Rachel Fryer’s YouTube Channel (@rachfMC)
- Slides from Rachel Fryer’s November 19, 2016 TEDx Talk in Enid, Oklahoma: “Tales from a Teenage Minecraft YouTuber”
- EduThoughts Podcast Interview with Wes Fryer by Derek Rhodenizer
- EdTech Situation Room Episode 29 with Jennifer Carey (@TeacherJenCarey – @edtechSR)
- “Reimagining The Spaces In Which We Learn” by David Jakes (@djakes)
- “Reimagining Learning Spaces Panel Discussion” by David Jakes (@djakes)
- Audio PODCAST: Creating GeoMaps with Google Forms, Sheets, and Maps (Nov 2016)
- Audio PODCAST: Quick Edit Videography Tips (Nov 2016)
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Things I Learned Traveling to Egypt - 2017
- STEMseeds is BACK on Saturday - Join us! - 2014
- Great STEM Rube Goldberg Video - Girls Love Making Stuff! - 2013
- Parody Fest: Goodnight Goon, Dune, Forest Moon, iPad, Democracy & More - 2012
- Lessons Learned using VoiceThread for iPad - 2011
- Embedding Flash Audio on WordPress.com with an iPad - 2011
- You Could Only Make this Video on a Mobile Phone - 2011
- Speech Tournament Naps, iPod Policies, Laptop Lockdowns and Student Inspiration #cwf2010 - 2010
- Arne Duncan Says Graduate Degrees for Teachers are Worthless - 2010
- The value of routinely engaging in creative expression - 2010