In this podcast I extend an invitation to educators everywhere to become CCC digital immigrants, rather than digital foreigners. Unlike digital natives, as older members of 21st century society we do have a choice! The 4 C’s of the modern classroom should be communication, collaboration, construction and context. This presentation was given to educators in Lewisville ISD, Texas on November 17, 2005. It also includes about 5 minutes of the One Laptop Per Child: Launch of the $100 Laptop press conference by UN Secretary General Kofi Annan and MIT Professor Dr. Nicholas Negroponte. Educators at all levels need to be paying attention to these developments, and choose to become digital immigrants preparing students for their future in the 21st century.
Program Length: 30 min, 44 sec
File size: 7.0 MB
(Click here to listen to this podcast)
Show notes for this podcast include:
- “The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century” (Thomas L. Friedman)
- “A Whole New Mind: Moving from the Information Age to the Conceptual Age” (Daniel Pink)
- Blog of Miguel Guhlin
- George Sieman’s Presentation on Connectivism: Rethinking Learning in a Digital Age
- Presentation slides for this CCC Digital Immigrant Invitation
- Marc Prensky’s website
- The Digital Face of 21st Century Curriculum: How digital content is changing teaching and learning (PDF) (See pages 24-28)
- Realplayer link to the English version of the November 16, 2005 press conference in Tunisia about the One Laptop Per Child project
- Images of the MIT $100 laptop prototype
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Using the Daum Equation Editor to Format Math Equations for Wolfram Alpha - 2012
- Google Tools Workshops in Oklahoma City: 14-15 December 2010 (flyer) - 2010
- How to publish an audio lecturecast with Podcast Generator (screencast demo) - 2010
- Meet Jonney Shih, Netbook innovator - 2009
- Power of Google Voice Transcriptions comes to YouTube with Automatic Annotations - 2009
- GPS learning in the air and on the highway - 2008
- 1963 to 2007: Broadcasting has come a long way - 2007
- Oklahoma centennial photos, videos, and reflections - 2007
- Create a skype button - responsibly - 2007
- Residential wifi proliferates - 2007
[…] Wes Fryer’s Link to get to the $100 Laptop […]