This podcast is a recording of a presentation by Meg Ormiston at the METC Conference in St. Louis today. The conference program description of her presentation was: Are we preparing students to be successful in school or successful in life? If livelong learning is the goal, the methods, tools and strategies must change from “text based” instruction to interactive learning. Instead of instructors who talk faster as high stakes tests get closer, we need to stop talking and help students make sense of the contetn using new strategies that enage those students. Stream video into the classroom, collaborate with others across the globe, reshape curriculum with the goal of increased student achievement. If you need a jump-start to getting started in your classroom, attend this eye opening session!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Backyard Astronomy Laser and iPhone App - 2016
- Reflections on the Daddy Daughter Dance - 2015
- Don't Judge the Creativity of All Chicago Teachers & PD Based On 1 Absurd Video - 2014
- Mapping Media to the Common Core (eMINTS Conference - Columbia, Missouri) - 2014
- Lights, iPad, Action: Original, Rich Multimedia Coming Soon to a Course Near You! - 2013
- Technology Today Enhanced ePub eBook - 2012
- Principal Evaluation System from McREL by Tony Davis and Kent Davis - 2012
- Tulsa Public Schools Teacher Evaluation Model by Jana Burk [Feb 2012] - 2012
- Danielson Framework for Teacher Evaluation in Oklahoma [Feb 2012] #oktle - 2012
- #wordpress user group 28 Feb 2011 Notes - 2011