Wow. Yesterday after picking up our two oldest children in Kansas (where they had both spent a week with relatives) we stopped by the remarkably creative Kevin Honeycutt’s house. We went to meet his family, but also to have a guided tour of the AMAZING treehouse Kevin built with his son Ben several years ago.
Expectations around our house of what a treehouse should look like (or even CAN look like) have certainly changed! 🙂
This was a visit enabled by 21st century technologies in at least one way… (besides iPhone Google Map directions)– I had emailed Kevin earlier in the week, but it wasn’t until we connected via Twitter on Sunday afternoon that we finalized plans for the meet-up! Woo hoo for Twitter – a great people-connector!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Media Literacy Conversations About Conspiracies and Culture Wars - 2020
- Explaining Telecommunications Convergence and Its Opportunities via Video - 2011
- Good Reasons to Try Google+ - 2011
- Lincoln in Kansas - Ideas for a collaborative Kansas student podcasting project - 2009
- Video game skills are serious business for the USAF: Meet the fleet of 7000 UAVs - 2009
- What's your media platform for knowledge sharing? - 2009
- Advice for web 1.0 to 2.0 (WordPress) page conversion? - 2007
- Notes on storytelling and improv, great 1st day as an ADE - 2005