This podcast is a short (3 min, 16 sec) screencast explaining how you can use free Juice Receiver software to quickly identify and clean up podcast channels that have more episodes than you want to keep, or episodes you’ve already watched / listened to. Juice Receiver can work in conjunction with iTunes, and when you “clean up” episodes in Juice Receiver those episodes can be automatically deleted from your iTunes library. I find Juice Receiver (in combination with PodNova) to be a wonderful way to manage my podcast channel subscriptions. This “clean up” feature is one of my favorites in Juice Receiver, and a primary reason I use this open source software. A larger version of this screencast is also available for download in the podcast shownotes.
- A larger version of this screencast is also available (122 MB, the original and uncompressed screencast created with iShowU)
- Download and install the open source program Juice Receiver from Sourceforge.
- Download and install iTunes from Apple (free)
- My May 2007 post, “The joy of Juice Receiver and PodNova”
- iShowU (commercial screencast software I use)
- iSquint (free video compression software for iPod compatibility)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Benefits of Video Feedback - 2022
- Design Thinking Takeaways from Our #k12onlineconf Panel - 2017
- Save YouTube Videos to iPad Camera Roll for Green Screen Compositing - 2016
- Make a Song with Sounds from Your Kitchen on an iPad - 2012
- Transition to Common Core Standards by Jan Hoegh (2 of 2) - 2012
- Transition to Common Core Standards by Jan Hoegh (1 of 2) - 2012
- Manage Podcasts WITHOUT an iTunes Sync Using Podcaster - 2011
- Oklahoma's New K12 Educational Leader (Janet Barresi) Models Social Media Use - 2011
- Offline, mobile-friendly webpages on an iPhone or iPod Touch - 2010
- Find your iTunes App Library on Appolicious and Share your iPhone Apps - 2010