Last night I logged into Feedburner and heeded the site’s recommendation to “update” my account by merging it to use the standard Google authentication scheme. I probably should have done more background reading first. Back in September, Alex Chitu described some of the problems others have had with the Google-Feedburner marriage. This evening I glanced at my Feedburner chicklet subscriber stats, and noticed they have dropped BIG time.
I don’t think this is an actual reduction in subscribers, I think this is attributable to some plumbing errors on Google and Feedburner’s parts. [SIGH] Of course these numbers COULD be accurate, perhaps my last podcast about Storychaser dreams offended lots of folks. (I don’t see how it could, however!)
My recommendation for others at this point: Hold off on the “recommended” Feedburner to Google login migration. It doesn’t look like “they” have the bugs worked out in this process yet.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Modern Learning in School: The 14 Legs of the Table - 2020
- Document Your World With HyperLapse Videos - 2015
- Cool iPad Art & STEAM Apps & Hacks - 2015
- Improving Student Writing Using iPads - 2014
- Use Appointment Slots on a Google Calendar - 2012
- Creative Math Word Problems about Rock Climbing & Mountaineering #favlesson - 2012
- Underwhelmed by iBooks Author Software - 2012
- A Creative Professional Resume on Prezi - 2011
- Considering Options to Reduce Monthly Wireless Bills - 2011
- Beatings, Electric Shock and Death for Internet Addicted Chinese Youth - 2010