This podcast includes a series of six interviews I recorded at the eTechOhio 2009 conference in Columbus on February 2, 2009. The episode begins with Gabe Ross, a student at Ohio State University studying video production and part of the documentary film crew at the eTechOhio 2009 conference. Second, Kieli Fergusen of the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati tells about the virtual learning opportunities offered by the center via web-based videos, podcasts, and videoconferencing / virtual field trips. Third, Lee Gambol of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History discusses their extensive array of virtual field trips for students not only focusing on natural history topics but also health issues. Lee has had extensive experiences designing and delivering virtual field trips, and shared some of the best practices they follow at CMNH as well as some of the lessons they’ve learend after making MANY connections about diverse topics with K-12 students. Fourth, Elise Hillis of eTechOhio discusses details of the release today of iTunesU Ohio. This is a statewide portal for PK-20 educators and learners in Ohio as well as around the world, featuring over 1500 audio and video podcasts today at launch. Fifth, Sasha Thackaberry of The Idea Center in Cleveland discusses their innovative videoconferences providing career exploration opportunities for students. She also discusses professional development opportunities available via WVIZ/PBS ideastream. Last of all, Leslie Charles, videoconferencing coordinator for Muskingum Valley Educational Service Center in Zanesville, Ohio. They are offering a variety of professional development opportunities for teachers as well as exciting course offerings for students which includes a new class in Mandarin Chinese.
- eTechOhio 2009 Conference
- WOUB Television and Radio
- Gridiron Glory on WOUB
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History
- Ohio iTunes U Participation Form (for Ohio-based educational content creators to use)
- WVIZ / PBS ideastream
- Muskingum Valley Educational Service Center (Zanesville, Ohio)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Synchronizing Lecture Audio to Slides for YouTube - 2020
- Batting 1-1 With Three More Pitches Coming - 2016
- Student iPad Radio Shows Shared on YouTube - 2015
- Spots Still Available for Google Summit in OKC: Feb 21-22 - 2015
- Use Digital Voice Recorders to Hear Student Voices - 2012
- Stuff I Want to Share at OTA - Encyclo-Media 2012 - 2012
- Rupert Murdoch's Vision is Wrong - 2011
- Creation Requires Influence: Understanding Remix Power in Star Wars - 2011
- Student voices in the Iowa legislature - 2010
- How to Create a Great PowerPoint Without Breaking the Law: Take 2.0 by Alvin Trusty - 2009