Join in the “Classroom 2.0 Live” discussion focusing on the use of Skype to collaborate this Saturday morning (Valentine’s Day, February 14th, 2009) at 12 pm EST / 11 am CST / 10 am MTN / 9 am PST. This is 5 pm or 1700 hours on Feb 14th in GMT. Use this link from the WorldTimeServer to convert this start time for your time zone. Use this link to Elluminate to join in the conversation!
According to the Classroom 2.0 Live website:
Classroom 2.0 LIVE is an opportunity to gather with other member of the community in real-time events, complete with audio, chat, desktop sharing, and sometimes even video.
Our weekly Saturday show resumed in January with hosts Peggy George, Kim Caise and Lorna Costantini! In addition to the weekly show, throughout 2009 we will also have special events–like the “What We Learned in 2008” year-end show. If you miss a show, you will find links to the recorded session under the Archives tab. Follow-up learning suggestions are also provided under the Resources tab for each show.
I’m looking forward to joining Peggy, Kim and Lorna for this Valentine’s Day conversation. I do love using Skype! 🙂
Lisa Parisi’s March 2008 post “Best Day Ever!” about three different, superb Skype calls in the same day in her classroom is the “weekly read” for this episode. Check it out, and tune in on Saturday!
My recent post “Skype Virtual Guest Speakers and Collaboration wiki” is among many suggestions for post-show follow-up reading. Peggy and I are scheduled to address the following questions:
- What are some of the ways Skype has been used in the classroom with students?
- What stories or examples can you share of ways Skype is being used by educators to collaborate?
- What has been your favorite or most memorable experience using Skype?
- What pitfalls and setup issues should an educator take into account when collaborating using Skype?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Inspired by Ohio Student Interactive Scratch Games - 2018
- Publishing Student Videos with a Shared YouTube Account - 2016
- Join via Videoconference: Mapping Media Part 2 (Spring 2014) - 2014
- Online Petition: Oklahoma City Public Schools Must Adopt Balanced Internet Content Filtering Policies - 2012
- 5th Graders Develop Problem Solving Skills with Lego WeDo Robotics - 2012
- Set Up a Moderated Class Blog on Posterous - 2011
- Beware of Inappropriate Ads on Free Classroom Websites - 2011
- Favorite photos and videos from METC 2010 - 2010
- Planning outline for METC 2010 keynote - 2010
- Scan at higher resolutions with Preview on your Mac - 2010