I’ve created a new presentation and workshop I’m calling, “Geo-StoryChasing.” I’ve listed a variety of mobile audio, video, and photo sharing options (many supporting geolocation) on the wiki curriculum page I started. If you know of others I should include, please let me know by commenting here. This is the short description for this session:
Lots of stories are connected to places. Sometimes we can recount and share a story better when we are in a specific location, on-site. This session presents tools and projects focused on creating and sharing digital stories connected to specific places. Most of these can be used with cell phones and are ideal for student field trips or other travel opportunities.
I may rename my breakout session at PodStock in a few weeks and present this session.
While linking up tools for the workshop/presentation wiki, I learned GabCast has added two new features: Users can limit the maximum time for phone calls, and also remove the “feature” which tells callers to a channel how many minutes remain in the channel:
These are both good features to utilize for Gabcast channels set up to support student field trips, and are particularly important now that Gabcast is charging for all minutes used / not providing free usage options.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes’ free newsletter. Check out Wes’ video tutorial library, “Playing with Media.” Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Glimpsing the Future with Alec Ross – 2016
- Strong Reactions to Today’s Note on Makeup Work – 2015
- In Oklahoma Education, We Have to Stop Pretending – 2015
- Photos from #mobile2012 in Phoenix, Arizona – 2012
- Education as a Superstructure by Graham Brown-Martin – 2012
- iGeography by Jenny Ashby (Workflows for Learning with iPads) – 2012
- Combining 21st Century Skills, Project Based Learning, and iPads – 2012
- Collaboration in Hand with iPads by Tony Vincent – 2012
- Cognitive dissonance from the school internet filtering message – 2010
- Why I’m delaying a Netbook purchase till June – 2009