I figured out a mystery which had troubled me for some time: Why can I readily post embedded videos to my personal blog (this one) using MarsEdit, but when my children try to do the same thing to our family learning blog (Learning Signs) the video embed code gets stripped out?
The answer, it turns out, lies with the individual user settings for the “visual editor” in WordPress. With the visual editor disabled, video embed code can be accepted by WordPress, whether it’s posted via a software program like MarsEdit or directly in the browser interface. If the visual editor is left on (its default setting) the code gets stripped out.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Transliteracy is the New Language Arts - 2013
- Updates to Blog Advertising Options and Procedures - 2013
- Blogging from 37,000 feet with Delta Airlines - 2012
- Great Historical, Interpretive Remix Videos - 2011
- New Oklahoma Digital Stories: Integration, Boy Scouting, Italian Food Festivals and Planting Trees - 2010
- Don't put clickers in the same basket as laptops - 2010
- Episode 1 of the International Cooking Show - 2009
- A reason to moderate Ning Members - 2008
- links for 2008-04-14 - 2008
- Here for the learning revolution - 2008