I’m looking forward to teaching and leading a week long fine arts camp starting Monday here in Edmond, Oklahoma, on stopmotion film making. I’m teaching this as a three hour class, Monday through Friday, at the Edmond Fine Arts Institute.
Last summer I taught this workshop at our church’s fine arts camp, but it was a little frustrating to just get to work with each class of students about 45 minutes per day. This summer, we’ll have three hours per day to work, so I’m expecting the experience to result in much deeper learning and (hopefully) even better quality videos.
This year we’ll again use Frames by Tech4Learning as our stopmotion software. I bought the Clay Animation Kit from Tech4Learning last summer, which includes great resources for making stopmotion videos in addition to the Frames software. I wish the Third Annual Constructivist Celebration @ NECC was taking place AFTER this camp, since I’m sure I’ll be inspired with new stopmotion filmmaking ideas during the event. None-the-less, I am REALLY looking forward to participating and learning during the “Celebration” this year as I’ve never been able to participate schedule-wise in this creative gathering!
I’ll be making lots of updates to our stopmotion workshop wiki page throughout the week. At this point it looks like we’ll just have eight participants, ages 9-12, and I’m going to have them work in pairs. I’m looking forward to this week of creative, digital fun and filmmaking!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Create Image Collages with Google Drawings - 2017
- A Low Kilobit MP3 Mystery - 2011
- Playing with Doink Animation - 2011
- 3 months of planning for 2 minutes of StopMotion - 2009
- When we blog, we create the web - 2009
- Defining 21st century classrooms and Highlighting the Importance of CCC - 2009
- Blending Professional Development to focus on Content, Technology and Pedagogy - 2009
- Notes on the Texas Long Range Technology Plan: 2006-2020 - 2009
- Google Earth explorations - 2008
- Podcast257: Natural Learning - What Schools Don’t Do by Steve Wycoff - 2008