Thinking space tourism is a pipe dream for the distant future? Think again. Virgin Galactic is gearing up to deliver this service for $200,000 per ride starting in 2010. This may sound like an urban legend, but the groundbreaking of New Mexico’s spaceport last week in Upham was real. XCOR Aerospace and Armadillo Aerospace are developing spacecraft that could drop the per-flight cost to $100K, and those are just initial prices. What do you think these costs will be in just ten years?
Hold on to your hat, Buck Rogers. Our blue planet beckons.
Empower the dreamers. Our day to slip the surly bonds of earth is coming. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- #playingwithmedia Digital Fabrication in the Classroom - 2012
- Best things about the Barnes and Noble Nook eBook Reader - 2010
- A recipe and tutorial for iPhone GS mobile video blogging - 2009
- Have a relative without email? Send them a letter with photos - via email! - 2009
- U.S. farm subsidies, Land Runs, and Hopelessness in the Dust Bowl - 2009
- Our schools need passionate, caring, and visionary leaders - not JUST technology - 2008
- Guidelines for Non-commercial Recording and Podcasting at Educational Conferences - 2008
- Good News: ISTE revises Recording Code of Conduct for NECC 2008 - 2008
- Highlights from EduComm07 and Anaheim - 2007
- Lessig turns from IP to politics and government corruption - 2007