Dean Shareski is going to be presenting several GREAT sessions about visual literacy, why sharing matters, Twitter, and RSS at the 2010 ITSC conference in Portland, Oregon in February. In this 4 minute YouTube video, Dean gives a preview to his sessions.
What a great teaser video! If I was going to ITSC this year, I’d definitely be hearing from Dean! I love the way Dean chooses non-technical titles for sessions which will clearly have some technical content, but will also be highly accessible to educators who do not necessarily define themselves as “techies.” “Get Visual,” focusing on visual literacy and digital storytelling, is a brilliant session title, as is “Your Kindergarten Teacher Was Right: Sharing Matters.”
We all need to share more of our learning journeys, and I look forward to hearing more from Dean even though I won’t be at ITSC this year in person!
Here’s a video of Dean’s session on sharing from the 2009 Palm Beach Educational Technology Conference:
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Thankful for Brave First Responders in Las Vegas - 2017
- AirDrop Video Sharing, 5 Photo Stories and Narrated Slideshows - 2013
- Devastated at the Forced Closure of the OKC Coworking Collaborative by US Fleet Tracking - 2012
- Reflections on Unlimited Petroleum Wealth from the Persian Gulf - 2011
- Flying Home From Doha [Narrated Slideshow] - 2011
- Platform agnostic developers will help redefine print and literacy - 2010
- Read Free Online Books at the International Children's Digital Library - 2010
- Incentive for better learning about communism, capitalism, and government - 2009
- Evidence Bing is Lame - and Google Search Rocks (a NY caller asking for AOL Press) - 2009
- In Praise of Outdoor School, Ed Holzberger, Classen SAS and Oklahoma City Public Schools - 2009