We have been hearing about watching TV on our phones here in the USA for awhile, but many cell phone network towers (especially in rural areas) still can’t support the bandwidth this requires. Most cell phones today can’t stream live TV either. Today, I learned my iPhone can! Using the $3 CNN iPhone app, I watched a little of President Obama’s town hall meeting on CNN live today, on my iPhone. Wow. I was connected to wifi when the photos below were taken, but I confirmed this also works over 3G.
Mobile blogged on WordPress for iPhone 2.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Chromebook and Home Computer Advice for Parents (Dec 2018) - 2018
- Reflections Following an Oklahoma City Public Schools Community Forum - 2013
- Create Media Sandboxes for your Family and Classroom - 2011
- 2010 EduBlog Award Nominations: Please Vote! - 2010
- Happy Chester Greenwood Day! #invention #creativity #maine - 2010
- Technology Integrators are essential for 1 to 1 Laptop Learning and Technology Immersion - 2010
- Join the conversations Monday to Redefine Teacher Education - 2009
- Concise writing, digital storytelling, timelines and six-word memoirs - 2008
- Amazing sights and news on Oahu - 2007
- VoiceThread from Ford Island - 2007