Dean Mantz, the director of technology in Sterling, Kansas, recorded a 14 minute review of the new UStream Producer application on February 2nd which he (naturally) posted via Ustream.
I want to start using this application for my Technology 4 Teachers (T4T) lecturecasts, which I have been recording to Ustream and then cross-posting to a Blip.tv channel (t4t.blip.tv) because of the iPhone / iPod Touch compatibility Blip provides. The current sticking point to using Ustream Producer at UCO is we can’t figure out the video card requirements for Ustream Producer on a Windows-based computer. If you know or can find out please comment.
Yesterday’s lecturecasts on “Search, Research, and Aggregators (Digital Newspapers)” are available in two parts, due to a battery swap I had to do in my wireless mic during the first section, and a WiFi connectivity problem I had during the 2nd section.
The description for our weekly focus this week in T4T was:
Effectively and critically searching the Internet is a vital skill for 21st century learners. Studies show most students tend to perform simple keyword searches on Google and never go beyond the first or second page of search results. Today we will explore a variety of Internet search options, and learn how to use an aggregator as a digital newspaper.
Part 1: Assignment Review and Internet Search Tips (1 hour, 23 min, 48 sec)
Part 2: Setting up and Using Google Reader (9 min, 37 sec)
If you’re interested in my lecturecasting procedures this semester, see my post from Jan 20th, “Week 2 Lecturecasting with Ustream, Blip.tv and MPEGstreamclip.” If you’re interested in a professional development workshop in your area based on the “Powerful Ingredients 4 Blended Learning framework” which I’m developing with Karen Montgomery, see our post “Announcing The Digital Magic Tricks Workshop.”
broadcast, uco, ustream, webcast, producer, pi4bl
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Les Miserables 2012: A Powerful Film That Will Make You Weep - 2013
- Use Google to Identify Plagiarism & Teach How to Avoid Committing It - 2013
- An Attempt to Redefine "Educationally Appropriate Online Courses" in Oklahoma - 2013
- Save and Transfer YouTube Videos to an iPad - 2012
- Heartland eLearning Conference with Michael Wesch: 7-8 March 2011 in Edmond, OK #HeartlandConf11 - 2011
- How to Subscribe to a Website as a Channel in Google Reader, and Categorize / Organize it in a Folder - 2011
- Heartland eLearning Conference: 8-9 March 2010 - 2010
- Dan Pink and Clay Shirky: Online with Steve Hargadon - 2010
- Copyright for Educators SlideShare with Audio - 2009
- Good morning, your workshop materials have been blocked - 2008