If you haven’t seen the 30 second Intel advertisement, “Sponsors of Tomorrow,” check it out now. It’s an effective teaser video for the life work of Ajay Bhatt at Intel, where he currently serves as “Chief Client Platform Architect.” Ajay is the the co-inventor of USB.
I referenced this in my presentation last Monday, “Communicating in the Digital Age.” Along with the newly announced “Computer Engineer” Barbie, perhaps media campaigns like Intel’s as well as toys will help change student perceptions about how COOL it is to be a geek.
The theme of the PodStock 2010 education conference in Wichita, Kansas is, “I Wanna Be a Technology Rock Star!”
Boy Scout camp in Colorado at Camp Alexander will keep me from attending PodStock this year, but I wish I could be there! How many of the learners in your school want to be technology rock stars?! Perhaps you could share and discuss this video about Ajay Bhatt and help students understand there are “stars” in our society BESIDES sports stars. With all the recent, negative press Tiger Woods has created, this might be a valuable way to re-direct student “star” attention, at least for awhile.
I learned about the “Sponsors of Tomorrow” video by reading the November 2009 FastCompany article, “Intel Risks It All (Again.)” I’ve added this video to my “Videos for PD” blog page under the “humor” category.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Share eBook Highlights from iBooks - 2017
- Scratch Gold - 2013
- Spring Break 2013 Scratch Camp in Yukon, Oklahoma - 2013
- Changing the Pictures of the Classroom in Students' Heads by John Nail - 2012
- Open Registration for Storychaser Spring 2011 Workshops in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas - 2011
- Panoramic Fieldhouse Photos in Manhattan, Kansas and Norman, Oklahoma - 2010
- Communicating In The Digital Age (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Why Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Matters - 2008
- Blue Web'n Yahoo Group - 2007
- Imagination used for good and evil - 2007