On her Weebly-powered project website, “Freeze-n-Read 4 Libraries… 4.17.10 @ 4pm everywhere” she writes:
Libraries Are Cool! If you think so, too… Freeze-n-Read on Saturday, April 17th at 4:00pm! Set your alarm now to Freeze wherever you are and chill with a good book in support of libraries!
A FAQ about the Freeze-n-Read project is available, and if you take part the project organizers invite you to email in a photo of your freeze-n-read participation! The project is dedicated to Fabrarians:
…the fabulous librarians who are bravely transforming libraries in the rapidly changing 21st century!
If you’re a Fabrarian, an aspiring Fabrarian, or know a Fabrarian, be sure to check out the following FREE K-12 Online Conference presentations about literacy, librarians and libraries in the 21st century.
Donna Desroches and Carlene Walter shared “Beyond the Stacks: Using Emerging Technologies to Strengthen Teacher-librarian Leadership” in the 2008 K-12 Online Conference.
Every school and community desperately needs energetic, passionate, and visionary librarians like these. I was inspired last week in Iowa by Shannon Miller‘s presentation, “Be The Change You Want To See In Schools.” Hanging around “fabrarians” like Shannon, Joyce, Carlene and Donna (virtually or in person) gets me fired up. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- STEM, iPad & Google Workshops in June 2015 - 2015
- Technology & Innovation in Education by Jaime Casap - 2012
- Using ARIS to Create Interactive, Multimedia Enhanced Field Trips by Wes Molyneaux - 2012
- Why Every Teacher Should Become an App Creator by Chris Thompson - 2012
- Blended, Continuous Learning in the 21st Century Military - 2011
- Finger Puppet Videography with the iPad2: Lessons Learned - 2011
- Wilson Rawls: Author of Where the Red Fern Grows - 2010
- Who Will Save Journalism? We will! - 2009
- Google Sites as a classroom learning portal - 2008
- If you just want to play games online, don't get an XO - 2008