This podcast is a recording of a conversation over skype on May 14, 2010, with Dean Mantz in Sterling, Kansas, Dean Shareski in Moosejaw, Saskatchewan, Cyndi Danner-Kuhn in Manhattan, Kansas, and Wesley Fryer in Edmond, Oklahoma. For the past several years, each participant has taught pre-service technology classes for undergraduate college students. In this conversation (which runs long, about an hour and a half) topics ranged from how course activities are selected, structured and assessed, epiphany or “a-ha” moments in teaching, changes which have been made to the course or how the course is taught (mixing face-to-face, online and blended modalities) and how to best leverage face-to-face interaction opportunities with students. LOTS of great ideas here. Check the podcast shownotes for most (if not all) of the referenced websites, curricula and resources from our conversation. This podcast is labeled (part 1) because we plan to continue the discussion in upcoming months!
- Dean Mantz (@dmantz7)
- Dean Shareski (@shareski)
- Cyndi Danner-Kuhn (@cyndidannerkuhn)
- Wesley Fryer (@wfryer)
- Dean Shareski’s Winter 2009 Course Wiki
- Dean Shareski’s Fall 2009 Course Wiki
- Dean Shareski’s Spring 2010 Course Wiki
- Dean Shareski’s list of his students’ twitter accounts
- Weekly session links from Dean Shareski’s students (serving as class scribes / google jockeys)
- Twitter Help for Teachers
- Great sample preservice teacher professional portfolio (Dean S’ daughter): meredithbuchanan.wordpress.com
- Cyndi’s Technology for Teaching and Learning Course Links
- Future Teacher’s Ning (Dean Mantz)
- Challenge Based Learning (from Apple)
- Free Etherpad backchannel options: TypeWithMe, iEtherpad, PiratePad
- Skype in Schools Wiki
- Twitter4Teachers Wiki
- Wesley’s “Technology 4 Teachers” Curriculum
- Pecha Kutcha presentation model (WikiPedia)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Learning and Recovering From Failure in STEM Class - 2014
- Professional Digital Publications Archive Project - 2012
- Putting the Passage of Amendment 10-A for Christians Worldwide in Statistical Perspective - 2011
- Editing Video with iMovie taken on a Sony HandyCam mini-DVD Camcorder - 2011
- No Internet Election Campaigns for NJHS Candidates in Lubbock - 2011
- Join me for "Powerful Ingredients" over Ustream tomorrow - 2009
- A Scary Wall Cloud and Rotation Over I-40 Today - 2009
- Presentations from Richardson, Texas this morning - 2008
- Geocaching in the Classroom - 2008
- links for 2008-05-15 - 2008