This evening I’m staying at a hotel where wireless Internet (wifi) is not available in my room, but a free wired Internet connection IS provided. These are the steps I followed to create a temporary, “ad-hoc” wireless network (a wifi hotspot) using my Apple laptop.
After following these steps, I was able to connect my iPad to the “new” wifi network I created, and access the Internet wirelessly.
I love Macs. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- 10 Highlights from our Offline Colorado Vacation - 2016
- With TweetChat Offline, What Websites are Best for Twitter Edchats? - 2013
- Unplugging, Devices, Camping, Spades and Fairy Houses - 2013
- Supporting STEM Skills with Scratch #innovation2011 - 2011
- How are you dealing with TMI? (Too Much Information) - 2009
- Expectations of doing much with little - 2008
- links for 2008-07-07 - 2008
- K-12 Online Conference 2007 Presenters! - 2007
- Good, free FTP client - 2006