In the last few weeks at some point I read that Henry Jenkins has published a new book through the MacArthur Foundation titled, “Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture: Media Education for the 21st Century.” I noticed the book cost about $13. This evening, however, I discovered (rather serendipitously) that the eBook version of this book is FREE!
If you’re not following Henry Jenkins on Twitter and subscribed to his blog, “Confessions of an Aca-Fan“, remedy those lapses immediately. His latest post, “How New Media is Transforming Storytelling: A New Video Series” can (by itself) provide you with LOTS of outstanding content to share and discuss with both students and peers. I’m eager to watch each of the videos in that series, and share them with our Storychasers communities.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Create an iOS iMovie Video Collage with YouTube Contributions - 2014
- Change the Tagline of Your WordPress.com Website - 2014
- One Day on Earth: Help Storychase the World's Story on 10.10.10 - 2010
- Your unique, non-corporate voice MATTERS - 2010
- Remix Viral Media to Create Viral Media - 2010
- Using brain waves to control robotic arms, value of diverse podcast subscriptions - 2009
- Can't delete Akismet spam comments in latest WordPress - 2008
- Filmmakers document incredible courage of Liberian women - 2008
- No Ning networks for students under age 13, Monitored ePals email Accounts - 2008
- Thoughts on keyboarding and cursive - 2007