Good thoughts from Kalle Lasn:
If we, as a society, lose our voice completely, and corporations start doing all the talking, then we’ll be utterly lost. To some degree, this has already happened. Our ability to envision a future collectively has already been severely compromised.
Yet another reason to become a storychaser.
Great list of recommended films and other resources on media overexposure, btw, on the AdFreeBlog FAQ. For more of my thoughts on related topics, check out the following posts:
- The Corporation documentary: A big eye opener (Feb 2008)
- The Tyranny of Oil, The Danger of Unregulated Markets, Power, and Populism (April 2009)
- Fair Elections Now: Why we must change campaign finance in the United States (January 2010)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Create an iOS iMovie Video Collage with YouTube Contributions - 2014
- Change the Tagline of Your WordPress.com Website - 2014
- One Day on Earth: Help Storychase the World's Story on 10.10.10 - 2010
- Free eBook: Henry Jenkins on Participatory Culture and Media Education - 2010
- Remix Viral Media to Create Viral Media - 2010
- Using brain waves to control robotic arms, value of diverse podcast subscriptions - 2009
- Can't delete Akismet spam comments in latest WordPress - 2008
- Filmmakers document incredible courage of Liberian women - 2008
- No Ning networks for students under age 13, Monitored ePals email Accounts - 2008
- Thoughts on keyboarding and cursive - 2007