Warning: This is a geeky WordPress call for help!
Anyone have suggestions for how to successfully export posts from WordPress 3.01? This feature isn’t working as advertised for me. I’m wanting to export just posts in 1 category so I can import feeds into BookBrewer. I can’t use just my site feed, even for the category I want, because there are 347 posts in the category. WordPress 3.0 ostensibly supports exporting in advanced ways, for specified date ranges and for single categories. My export works fine for my oldest posts, in 2003 – 2005, but not anything newer. Any other exports I try don’t yield any post content, just what looks like post tags or categories. I’ve read a few posts (here and here) that there’s a reported bug with WordPress 3.0 exporting, and I’ve tried some workarounds, but nothing has helped.
I’m not sure if I have a corruption in my database or if this is a problem with the WordPress export feature. I’m inclined to think the problem is with my database. I’ve repaired and optimized in pHpMyAdmin, and even installed my WordPress locally with MAMP and a downloaded backup of my mySQL database. (It took me a ridiculously long time to figure this out because of the need to change the site URL and password issues, but I finally did it.)
All of this to no avail.
If you have any suggestions I’d love to hear them.
problem, wordpress, export, error, bug
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Professional Development and Identity - 2019
- Reflections on Comancheria, Identity and Frontier Terrorism - 2017
- Igniting Innovation with the 2014 K-12 Online Conference - 2014
- 7 Part VideoConference Course: Mapping Media to the Common Core (Nov 2013 - Feb 2014) - 2013
- Best iOS Apps for Audio Recording & Sharing (Oct 2012) - 2012
- The Digital Shift eConference Tomorrow & More iPad eBook Authoring Apps - 2012
- 1:1 in a High School Science Classroom - 2009
- More Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Reconsidering boundaries on K12Online Presentation Mirroring - 2008
Quick question: Did your locally installed version of your blog work? Ie, was all content in your locally installed database?
The locally installed version seems to work ok, the dashboard lets me search fine. I installed the older 2.9 version and was able to export a full archive, but it’s 35 MB in size and large to work with. My Feed4All app has trouble validating it as an XML feed.
I installed the latest beta version of WP but it didn’t work for a category and date limited export either.
Sorry I can’t help but am having the same problem 🙁 If I find a solution I’ll post