Today in our fifth grade Sunday school class, my co-teacher and I used my iPad2 with the YouVersion Bible app and Safari to look up verses as well as several Wikipedia article images which complemented the lesson.
The ability of the second generation iPad to output mirrored video of ANY application to a VGA projector is definitely the best feature of the revised model from the perspective of a teacher. In addition to a projector, this requires an Apple iPad VGA adapter. I’m using the same one I purchased for my first generation iPad. I love being able to “pack light” as an instructor and use an iPad instead of a full-sized laptop in situations like this where it’s both appropriate and possible.
It’s the one year anniversary this weekend of the iPad’s initial release. What a magical year it’s been (especially for Apple shareholders!)
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Join Our 10th STEMseeds Google Hangout Saturday April 4th - 2015
- Fun Scratch Projects Today in STEM Class - 2014
- Lessons on Suicide Prevention from Rich Van Pelt - 2013
- Digital Citizenship: Learning to Cross the Street in a Digital World - 2013
- iPad First Impressions: It's Magical - 2010
- PD at Wells Junior High School (Maine) - 2010
- AudioBoo will upload over EDGE - 2009
- College students: Win $$$ for developing social networking apps - 2008
- links for 2008-04-03 - 2008
- Head faking kids to love programming and change the world - 2008