The four images below are the result of brainstorming during a breakout session I attended today at the Oklahoma Governor’s Council for Workforce & Economic Development meeting at OSU-OKC. Among other things, participants discussed the need to connect industry certifications and K12 education, the importance of educating students about different workforce sector/track employment options, and the need to educate EMPLOYERS about workforce resources available in the state like WorkKeys and the Oklahoma Career Readiness Certificate as well as the Oklahoma Career Planner. For more background, links and info from today’s meeting, see my earlier post, “Educational Pipeline Challenges in Oklahoma” and tweets with the Twitter hashtag #workforceok.
Lots of good ideas shared today, let’s hope they lead to some ACTION soon which will make a positive difference for Oklahoma students as well as industry employers!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Educational Pipeline Challenges in Oklahoma #workforceok - 2011
- Resources from today's #icil2010 presentations - 2010
- Ready for the tablet glut? Meet the 2 x 14" Kno - 2010
- Stop Motion Animation ideas from Charlie Mahoney - 2010
- Digital Storytelling on a Shoestring - 2009
- Tammy Worcester Keynote at OKCPS TechDay09 - 2009
- Our musical performer tonight is George Bush - 2007
- $100 laptop prototype demo - 2006