If you are anywhere CLOSE to Memphis, Tennessee, or you have available professional development funds from your school that will cover the travel, make plans to attend the 2011 Martin Institute Summer Conference. It will feature Bill Nye, the Science Guy as the keynote speaker!
The theme for this year’s conference is “Teaching for Tomorrow,” with an emphasis on 21st century skills. When I told my 10 year old daughter Bill Nye was the keynote speaker for this conference she almost flipped out… Especially when I quietly told her we couldn’t go! If I wasn’t presenting and sharing a keynote and workshop on iPads in Education for the summer 2011 TEPSA (Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association) conference that week, I’d be in Memphis learning from Bill with other institute attendees!
In addition to Bill Nye, Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam will also keynote the conference. Other featured speakers include Tom Barrett, an innovative primary school teacher from Nottingham, England; Carol Vukelich, an expert on early literacy; Viaja Wagle, a group leader at Harvard’s Project Zero Institute; and Tiffany Boyd, a consultant with Heinemann Publishing. Workshop presenters include Apple Distinguished and Google Certified teachers, university professors, district curriculum trainers, and administrators and teachers at high performing schools.
If you attend Martin Institute Summer Conference this year, be sure to share some links to your learning with the Twitter hash tag, #micon11!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- How I Use Noun Project Icons in my Class Lesson Slideshows - 2020
- Force Chromebook User Logout When Closed - 2016
- A 5 Photo Sushi Story - 2011
- Pay to Play WiFi - 2010
- Want to Inspire Creativity? Invite LOTS of Opportunities to CREATE - 2010
- It must be time to restart - 2009
- Control your own destiny through education - 2009
- Considering Rigor in light of 21st Century Skills, ePortfolios, and Digital Identity (DI) - 2009
- Tests scores are up, what does that mean? - 2007
- Congrats Daddy Carvin! - 2006