What’s the untold epiphany that inspires your project? The Internet is the ideal platform for sharing experiences. These and other messages are included in the 4.5 minute video, “How the Internet Is Changing Advertising” by Epipheo Studios. This video isn’t just about marketing. It’s about technological and communications convergence, the ways we’re increasingly processing digital, hyperlinked information, and about the opportunities we each have today to become Storychasers and digital storytellers as we’re playing with media. Take a look. This is well crafted.
As a related aside to these topics, The National Building Museum in Washington D.C. recently contacted me about licensing the image below of our kids on a Saturday morning a few years ago. They want to use it in a new animated video about entertaining in the American home and how it has changed over the years.
It’s interesting to note today, on this Saturday morning, how in just a few short years we’ve moved from laptops to iPads, iPhones, and Netflix on a television-based game system for entertainment. It’s time for a new “Replacement for Saturday morning Cartoons” photo!
It’s also time to GO OUTSIDE!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Media Literacy Conversations About Conspiracies and Culture Wars - 2020
- Good Reasons to Try Google+ - 2011
- Lincoln in Kansas - Ideas for a collaborative Kansas student podcasting project - 2009
- Video game skills are serious business for the USAF: Meet the fleet of 7000 UAVs - 2009
- What's your media platform for knowledge sharing? - 2009
- Advice for web 1.0 to 2.0 (WordPress) page conversion? - 2007
- Rising treehouse expectations - 2007
- Notes on storytelling and improv, great 1st day as an ADE - 2005