The three minute video, “Geography & Google Earth” includes interviews with “an Ocean Explorer, Global Rower and Adventurer” explaining why they love geography and why GEOGRAPHY MATTERS. Check it out and share it with your students!
The Google Earth YouTube channel is one of the suggested resources for the Google Geo Teachers Institute which I’ll be attending in Lewiston, Maine, September 26-27, 2011. It’s going to be a GREAT two days of geo-learning!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Updated Media Product Names for Mapping Media to the Common Core - 2012
- The Changing Face of Home Media Consumption - 2011
- Understanding and OPPOSING Misdirected Educational Reform Efforts - 2011
- A pretty strong warning - 2010
- Least Common Multiple Woes? Khan Academy to the Rescue! - 2010
- Seth Godin on book publishing - 2010
- Reputation Management and Digital Footprints (video) - 2010
- Oklahoma City area WordPress User Group Meeting - 2009
- Recommended resources for a new school librarian - 2009
- USHMM online at YouTube - 2007