If you use an iOS device (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch) you need the Puffin Web Browser. It’s 99¢ and supports Flash-format videos on many sites. Unlike SkyFire, which JUST supports Flash videos, Puffin also supports Flash on many other sites like Webkins. (Skyfire is more expensive too: $3 for the iPhone version and $5 for the iPad version.)
Today I wanted to view a video on ABC News’ website on my iPhone, but the built-in Safari web browser wouldn’t show the content since it’s Flash-based. ABC suggested I download and install their custom app.
Since I already had the Puffin browser installed, instead of downloading the ABC app I just copied the website link and pasted it into Puffin. Seconds later I was watching the video.
It would be nice if the iOS Safari app provided native Flash support. Since it doesn’t, however, it’s great alternative browsers like Puffin are available which do.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Normalizing Audio in an iPad Paper Slide Video with Auphonic - 2016
- Pushing Free and Paid iPad Apps using Meraki MDM - 2015
- Make Marvelous Movies by Tony Vincent - 2014
- Enhanced iPad Videos by Greg Kulowiec at Miami Device 2014 - 2014
- Sketchnote of Show What You Know With Media by Silvia Tolisano - 2014
- Introducing the PlayingWithMedia.com Video Library - 2014
- Show What You Know with Media - 2014
- Beware of iPhone "Melt" App Email and SMS Spam - 2013
- Notes from Gary Stager's Keynote: 2012 Interactive Learning Institute #k20ili - 2012
- This Is What Learning Looks Like by Gary Stager (Nov 2012) - 2012
[…] and Apple Distinguished Educator, recommends the Puffin Web Browser for .99¢ cents on a recent Speed of Creativity Post. Wes states that Puffin allows the viewing of Flash-format videos on many sites unlike other […]
Has anyone tested if this works for Flash webpages that need the interactivity – Firstinmath.com ?