Last month on March 9, I had a wonderful opportunity to share a keynote presentation (“We Must Share“) and two breakout sessions on classroom blogging and 5 photo stories in Marshall, Minnesota. The occasion was the 6th Annual Technology Conference sponsored by the SW/WC Service Cooperative of Marshall. The last two years Kevin Honeycutt has been their keynote speaker, and I have to say my first presentation in Marshall was one of the most intimidating I’ve shared in a long while. Literally outside the auditorium before the keynote started, participants were whispering together, “Do you think he’ll be as good as Kevin?” “Do you think he’ll play the guitar on his iPad?” Kevin is not only a master storyteller and professional development teacher, he’s also an incredibly funny guy and effective entertainer. I think the presentations during the day went well, but I certainly felt inadequate taking the stage sans-iPad guitar!
During the keynote, Jared Arentson of Tridom Media in Redwood Falls, Minnesota, took a series of photos which he shared with me afterwards via Dropbox. I’m not a great marketing person, and I really NEED more photos to use for conference programs and other marketing materials for my professional development / speaking services which are “yet to be developed.” I’ve visited with both Kevin and Clif Mims over the past couple years about some ideas for getting additional presentation photos. The best set I’ve had to date is from eTech Ohio back in 2009. Clif took some in February 2011 when I was in Mississippi for MECA, and I’m actually using one of those photos in the marketing materials I’ve put together for a May 10, 2012, “iPad Business Productivity Apps” training workshop I’m leading in Oklahoma City. The photos Jared took in March are VERY professional and I’m sure I’ll find good uses for them in the months ahead. Thank you Jared!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Comparing Sharing Spaces: Google Classroom and SeeSaw - 2017
- The Post-PC Age is Upon Us - 2013
- How to automatically publish blog posts to a Facebook page - 2011
- Painting with Light! LCD Pens, Circuits and Creativity - 2010
- No iPad Keynote Importing for Keynote '08 - 2010
- Quickly make a PowerPoint slideshow with 200+ photos - 2010
- Help make EduBloggerCon09 fantastic: Join the live conversation Saturday! - 2009
- Meaningfully addressing underage alcohol drinking - 2008
- Tips for avoiding identity theft - 2008
- A Common Sense Approach to Internet Safety - 2008