In June and July this year I’ve had wonderful experiences facilitating three day iPad Media Camps for teachers, librarians and administrators in Oklahoma. On day two of iPad Media Camp, campers learn how to create “Quick Edit Videos” with an iPad and publish them directly to their own YouTube teacher channel. These are a few of my favorite videos created by iPad Media Campers this summer, which were shared during camp sessions to our Posterous site: ipadmediacamp.posterous.com.
Using Technology (3 min – Teachers share innovative ways they’ve integrated technology in their classrooms and been inspired to use technology in transformative ways during iPad Media Camp)
Cancer (1.5 min – a teacher shares powerful lessons she learned with her students about courage and perseverance)
iPad Media Camp Recommendations (2.5 min – discusses reasons to create student digital portfolios, why “Explain Everything” is a powerful app, and more app recommendations for teachers)
Advice To New Parents (3 min – Teachers share sage advice for a soon-to-be mom)
Digital Books Vs Traditional Books (1.5 min – an 8 year old shares her thoughts on the benefits of eBooks)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Brainstorming Conference & PD Session Topics for 2011-2012 - 2011
- We SAW the International Space Station Fly Over Oklahoma City! - 2011
- 6 WordPress blogs all updated to WP 2.8.2 - 2009
- Full Solar Eclipse Images - 2009
- First experiences with web-based digital story editing: JumpCut! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-22 - 2008
- Yellowhouse Canyon: A Place-Based Writing Experiment - 2005
- Photos from Baghdad, email from Central Asia - 2003