Here are instructions for uploading a video to your YouTube channel. If you haven’t setup your channel yet, see the post, “Create an Educational YouTube Channel” and do that first.
STEP 1: LOGIN TO YOUTUBE
Visit youtube.com and click the SIGN IN link in the upper right corner.
STEP 2: UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO
STEP 3: ADD TITLE & DESCRIPTION
Type a desired title, description, and “tags” for your video. Add several tags, these are keywords which can help you and others find your video when searching. Set the category to EDUCATIONAL.
The screenshot below shows an example with these settings defined.
STEP 4: TURN ON COMMENT MODERATION
Click ADVANCED SETTINGS. Under “Comments and Responses” change the setting for “Allow Comments” to APPROVED. (By default it’s set to ALL.)
- Google’s official support page: “How to Upload Videos to YouTube“
- August 2012 conference notes: “Exploring Instructional Uses of YouTube with Lucy Gray (August 2012)“
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Advice for Church Digital Oral History Projects - 2014
- Why Choice Schools Are Essential in Public Schools - 2012
- Can Blogger.com Support Moderated Web Forms for Post Contributions Like WordPress? - 2012
- Oklahoma City to Doha (narrated slideshow with SonicPics) - 2011
- K-12 Online Conference Presentation Teasers! #k12online10 - 2010
- FTC mandates disclosure for bloggers receiving freebies/payments - 2009
- Dell Mini10V Netbook, Ubuntu, Win7, and Hackintoshes - 2009
- XO Laptop for Christmas? - 2007
- Exponential blog growth - 2005
- Great history resource suggestions from Tom Hale - 2005