The 2012 K12 Online Conference starts today. If you’re not familiar with it, K12Online is a great, FREE professional development opportunity featuring recorded videos you can view on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. The conference has four strands (two per week) and this week starts with the “Getting Started” and “Visioning New Curriculum” strands. Each day for the next two weeks, four video presentations will be published per day. A “summary post” (like this one) is shared each day of the conference with links to that day’s presentations. Each presentation video is embedded on its own post with links to an iPod-friendly video version, a mp3 audio-only version, and supporting/related links the presenter has shared.
Stay up to date as conference presentations publish starting at 8 am Eastern time each day by following the conference on Twitter (@k12online), FaceBook, and subscribing to the conference email list. You can also subscribe to conference videos in iTunesU if you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch!
All presentations for the entire conference are linked on the 2012 presentation schedule. Use and follow the Twitter hashtag #k12online12 to participate in conversations throughout and following this year’s conference.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Great STEM Conversations About Perimeter in MinecraftEDU - 2014
- Learning More About Visual Notetaking (Authorized Drawing in Class!) - 2013
- Kansas Honor Flight: October 2012 (Narrated Slideshow) - 2012
- Post a Photo to a Photo 365 or 180 Blog - 2011
- Great Ideas from the Fall 2011 DEN Virtual Conference (part 2) - 2011
- Great Ideas from the Fall 2011 DEN Virtual Conference (part 1) - 2011
- Action Research: What Do We Know About Learning in the Cloud? - 2010
- Powerful and Free Tools from the Cloud by Rushton Hurley - 2010
- Do the Mash: Mixing Tools to Create a Custom Cloud-Based Learning Tool - 2010
- Beautiful Kansas fall colors and more iPhone panoramic picture fun with Pano - 2009