This week in iPad Media Camp at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, it was a great joy to teach alongside both my daughters, Sarah and Rachel.
On day 3, when we focused on eBooks and interactive writing, Rachel shared the story of how her 3rd grade teacher last year learned about creating enhanced eBooks with “Book Creator for iPad” and helped students make a wonderful eBook which included photographs of their original art, their written texts, and their recorded voices reading their short paragraphs about “Our Favorite Books.”
Sarah and I recorded Rachel’s presentation, along with the follow-up comments I added from a parent volunteer perspective. The video is just under eight minutes long.
I’ve shared a bit about this enhanced ebook project previously. See the past posts, “Read an Enhanced eBook in the Chrome Browser with Readium,” “Interview on the Techlandia Podcast and Webshow,” and “Lessons Learned: Hosting & Leading Local Technology Integration Workshops” for more related ideas. The eBook is available in four different FREE formats online:
- As an enhanced ePub eBook playable on an iOS device or in the free Readium plugin for Google Chrome
- As a PDF eBook
- As a printed book available for purchase on Lulu.com
- As a screencast on YouTube
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Follow Lady Gaga, Dean Shareski & Justin Bieber on Twitter - 2012
- Turn On Comment Moderation on a YouTube Video - 2012
- Balancing Open and Closed Web Publishing - 2011
- Build Your PLN - 2010
- Top Android Phone Apps - 2010
- Connecting History and Art Through Video Creation - 2009
- links for 2008-07-13 - 2008
- Pillaged Webkinz pets at JC Pennys - 2008
- A Google cache saved my life tonight! - 2008
- Disruptive technologies and learning - 2007