This evening I participated in the wonderful, weekly Techlandia Podcast. Techlandia Podcast (@techlandiacast) is a weekly Google Hangout hosted by Curt Rees (@CurtRees), Alison Anderson (@tedrosececi) and Jon Samuelson (@ipadsammy) which is published as a weekly audio podcast. The YouTube recording of our conversation is 69 minutes long.
The iOS apps I mentioned in the show were all audio apps:
These are the three Twitter users I mentioned and recommend following:
- @joycevalenza Joyce Valenza (Teacher/Librarian in Pennsylvania)
- @techsavvyteach Jason Neiffer (Montana teacher & virtual schools director)
- @Blankenship_S – Shawn Blankenship (Oklahoma Principal)
I also mentioned the collaborative music creation website JamWithChrome, and the possibility of converting a PDF created with the iPad app Book Creator into an A5 size PDF, and then printing it on Lulu. See the example: Our Favorite Books!
Thanks to Curt, Alison, and Jon for the chance to visit tonight! If you’re not already, subscribe to the Techlandia Podcast!
I also included a shout-out to Joyce Valenza’s wonderful keynote for the 2009 K-12 Online Conference in the “Getting Started” strand, “The Wizard of Apps.” If you haven’t seen this presentation, you need to!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Email Overload at School and Work - 2019
- Nebraska Loves Our Public Schools: Educational Advocacy We Need! - 2011
- Don't assume your public wifi connection is secure - 2010
- When student published videos go viral: Lessons Learned - 2010
- Cook Time with Remmi (9 year old from Tulsa, OK) - 2010
- Learn some new history via videos from teachers in Stratford, Oklahoma - 2009
- Podcast319: Integrating Podcasting into the Classroom Using Moodle by Dean Mantz and Brian Richter (PodStock2009) - 2009
- Geocaching across Kansas! - 2008
- links for 2008-06-01 - 2008
- For my first guest.... - 2007