This evening I participated in the wonderful, weekly Techlandia Podcast. Techlandia Podcast (@techlandiacast) is a weekly Google Hangout hosted by Curt Rees (@CurtRees), Alison Anderson (@tedrosececi) and Jon Samuelson (@ipadsammy) which is published as a weekly audio podcast. The YouTube recording of our conversation is 69 minutes long.
The iOS apps I mentioned in the show were all audio apps:
These are the three Twitter users I mentioned and recommend following:
- @joycevalenza Joyce Valenza (Teacher/Librarian in Pennsylvania)
- @techsavvyteach Jason Neiffer (Montana teacher & virtual schools director)
- @Blankenship_S – Shawn Blankenship (Oklahoma Principal)
I also mentioned the collaborative music creation website JamWithChrome, and the possibility of converting a PDF created with the iPad app Book Creator into an A5 size PDF, and then printing it on Lulu. See the example: Our Favorite Books!
Thanks to Curt, Alison, and Jon for the chance to visit tonight! If you’re not already, subscribe to the Techlandia Podcast!
I also included a shout-out to Joyce Valenza’s wonderful keynote for the 2009 K-12 Online Conference in the “Getting Started” strand, “The Wizard of Apps.” If you haven’t seen this presentation, you need to!
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Nebraska Loves Our Public Schools: Educational Advocacy We Need! - 2011
- Don't assume your public wifi connection is secure - 2010
- When student published videos go viral: Lessons Learned - 2010
- Cook Time with Remmi (9 year old from Tulsa, OK) - 2010
- Learn some new history via videos from teachers in Stratford, Oklahoma - 2009
- Podcast319: Integrating Podcasting into the Classroom Using Moodle by Dean Mantz and Brian Richter (PodStock2009) - 2009
- Geocaching across Kansas! - 2008
- links for 2008-06-01 - 2008
- For my first guest.... - 2007
- Star Wars Clone Wars - 2006