Last month on November 11th, AudioBoo updated its iOS app. The free AudioBoo app for iOS (also available for Android, Windows phone and Blackberry) now permits recording on the iPad version, and combines the features of the previous “AudioBoo Classic” and “AudioBoo2” apps. This evening for the third class meeting of my seven-part Mapping Media to the Common Core videoconference series for Montana teachers, I created a six minute video tutorial demonstrating the steps for recording and publishing using the new AudioBoo for iPad app.
These are the slides I shared this evening with my Mapping Media students, as we explored and discussed Narrated Art projects. I shared these tonight using the Nearpod app, which worked well across the hundreds of miles separating six sites in western Montana and Oklahoma City! I was excited to learn tonight that Nearpod not only works on iPads to mirror/sync an instructor’s presentation, it also works on a laptop/desktop computer’s web browser!
I’ll be teaching another seven part Mapping Media videoconference-based course next Spring, and will be finalizing those dates soon. I anticipate that class will address three more digital media products in the Mapping Media framework: Quick-Edit Video, eBook, and Simulation or Game. These videoconference courses are coordinated by Western Montana CSPD in collaboration with VisionNet of Montana and the University of Montana. I’m hopeful we’ll be able to get some participants in other states (and maybe even Canada) enrolled in the next course! I’ll be posting more information here about the class as well as posting it on the CILC website.
Since we’re in the midst of a winter storm here in central Oklahoma, it was a DREAM to be able to continue teaching this course from our house over H.323 video. Let it snow! 🙂
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes’ free newsletter. Check out Wes’ video tutorial library, “Playing with Media.” Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Great Videos To Show Students About NASA and Orion – 2014
- Publish a Free Digital Magazine with Zeen – 2012
- Whacha Runnin’ on Yer Mac These Days? (Dec 2012) – 2012
- Virtual Participation Options for Dec 14 and 15 Google Tools Workshops – 2010
- Lessons learned using Ustream Recorder for iPhone – 2009
- Share password protected online videos with Mobile Me – 2009
- Connecting place to stories with Google Maps – 2008
- VoiceThread supports template-based digital storytelling! – 2008
- Two new video podcasts from Ford Island, Hawaii – 2007
- 1:1 Computing Guidebook – 2005