One of my 5th grade STEM students this semester, Phoebie, did a great job in the MinecraftEDU station of our Maker’s Studio this month. Students used the “Water Challenge Remix” world and project in MinecraftEDU to create irrigation canals and cultivated fields where they could grow wheat and make bread to survive. Phoebie did an awesome job with this MinecraftEDU challenge! Here’s a screenshot of what she built. Usually students work in teams on challenges like this, but Phoebie was the only person in her class who chose MinecraftEDU as their Maker Studio station/center during our last rotation of the semester.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes’ free newsletter. Check out Wes’ video tutorial library, “Playing with Media.” Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Give the Gift of Digital Security to Your Family – 2016
- Register for EdCampOKC 2016 Coming March 5th – 2015
- Google Calendar Appointment Slot Double Booking Mystery – 2012
- Our Inadequate Internet Infrastructure – 2010
- WordPress 2.9 adds image editing and video embedding via oEmbed – 2009
- Ustreaming with multiple local mics and remote callers via Skype – 2009
- Discussing eBooks, the Kindle, and the iPhone Amazon Application via Ustream – 2009
- Restored blog access and reflections on the psychology of daily blogging – 2008
- Considering options for a COV digital backpack camera upgrade – 2008
- Novelty and curiosity essential for engagement and learning – 2007