Join Shelly Fryer (@sfryer) and Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) on Friday, January 15, 2016, for iCamp iPad Day at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas: A full day of hands-on learning about using iPads in the classroom! The day’s agenda, required and optional apps, and referenced resources are linked on the Google Doc available via wfryer.me/icamp06. Participants will create a variety of media projects using iPads which can be readily adapted for classroom use with students in a variety of content areas and grade levels. All the apps utilized for these projects are FREE! Registration (including lunch) is $50 and available online via KSU.
iPad Media projects participants will create on January 15th include:
- a Photo Collage (using Pic Collage for Kids)
- a Narrated Photo (using Voice Record Pro)
- Visual Notes (using Forge – Visually Brainstorm)
- a Radio Show (using Opinion Podcasts)
- a Reflective Narrated Slideshow Video (using Adobe Voice )
Projects will be shared using the free Digital Portfolio app and platform SeeSaw, as well as via Twitter. Participants are encouraged to use the Twitter hashtag #iCampKSU to share their learning throughout the day.
This 2.5 narrated slideshow video, created with Adobe Voice by Shelly and Wes, provides an overview of some of the core messages of iCamp 2016.
If you are in or near Manhattan, Kansas, please make plans now to join us on Friday, January 15, 2016 for a transformational day of learning about creating classroom media projects with iPads at iCamp! For more resources related to iPad Media projects in the classroom, check out the websites for iPad Media Camp along with “Show What You Know with Media.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- The Story of our Family Recipe Sharing WordPress Website - 2020
- The Tyranny of Current Events - 2019
- Open ZIP Files on an iPhone with Puffin, Dropbox and Goodreader - 2013
- 2011 in 60 Seconds [60in60 video] - 2011
- Stream Hulu+ to a HDMI Television with Airplay Mirroring, an iPad2 and Apple TV - 2011
- Virtuoso iPad Teacher - 2010
- iPad Document Camera and Ustream Setup - 2010
- A custom photo book for Nana - 2009
- Scanning with Apple's Preview Application - 2009
- Good experiences with Apple's Migration Assistant - 2009