Earlier this month, I had an opportunity to share a 45 minute webinar with the wonderful Seesaw community titled, “10 Tips from a Technology Fear Specialist.” This presentation (and subsequent Q&A session with live attendees) was based on my March 21st blog post, “Adult Identity and the “I Can’t Use Technology Well” Introduction.” The archived video of the webinar is included in Seesaw’s YouTube playlist, “April PD in Your PJs.”
Please check out the video and let me know if you have any feedback, either via Twitter (@wfryer), a comment below, or my electronic contact form. The slides from the presentation are also available. I’ve added links to the YouTube video and slides to my Presentation Handouts wiki, and added the video to my YouTube playlist, “Presentations by Wesley Fryer.” That is the playlist I feature first on my personal YouTube channel. I also re-ordered the videos in that playlist tonight, so both my TEDx talks (“Becoming Your Family’s Digital Witness” from 2013 and “Digital Citizenship in the Surveillance State” from 2016) are more prominently visible.
Definitely check out the Seesaw webinar series “PD in Your PJs” and sign up to receive emails about upcoming free workshops! Also if you are not already, I recommend following @Seesaw on Twitter. Seesaw is one of the most powerful digital platforms I’ve ever used with students, teachers and parents for sharing and archiving digital media. I’ve used Seesaw the past several years in iPad Media Camp and Make Media Camp PD workshops with teachers. My wife, Shelly Fryer (@sfryer), has also shared several “PD in Your PJs” sessions for Seesaw in the past, and you can check those out in this YouTube playlist.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Restrict Plex Shared Movie Library to Include Just G, PG, PG-13 Films - 2017
- April 2013 OKC WordPress User Group Meetup Notes - 2013
- Good Things Can Come From Science and Engineering Projects in School - 2012
- Security Tips for WordPress: Understanding Network Attacks - 2012
- Fatherhood & Faith: Rearing Good Kids in a Secular Society - 2011
- Kyle Nelson on Social Media - 2011
- An Exemplary Scribe Blog Post, Pecha Kutcha Presentation, and Screencast - 2010
- NETA09 Podcasts and A fun Star Wars Remix Video - 2009
- Kids making the case for classroom blogging - 2008
- Speak out and share your vision for education reform - 2008