The past two weeks I have led and taught “virtual Minecraft summer camps” for elementary and middle school students, with the help of a fantastic team of high school volunteers who have earned service hours as virtual camp counselors / moderators. I’m in the process of writing down many of my lessons learned from this successful two weeks of camp, but I wanted to record a screencast of the workflow I’ve used following each day of Minecraft Camp to share photos / screenshots of student builds and activities.
Minecraft Education Edition includes some special features not present in the Java Edition or Bedrock Edition of Minecraft, and two of my favorites are the camera and portfolio.
After capturing screenshots in Minecraft of different scenes and builds, students can open their portfolio and right-click to download a PDF file locally which includes all the photos / screenshots they have captured. The free website PDFCandy.com has a free “PDF to JPG converter” option which I’ve used each day after camp to post share these images online, and my workflow with it is the focus of this 10 minute screencast.
If the ideas and techniques I shared in this screencast are of interest to you or you have more questions, please reach out via Twitter (to @wfryer), using my online contact form or via a comment below.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Spinning a Revised History of Genghis Khan with Media and Exhibits - 2015
- Social Media in the Classroom: Amplifying our Students by Jennie Magiera & Autumn Laidler - 2013
- Visual Notetaking at ISTE 2013 - 2013
- Street Art + Stopmotion = Creative Digital Storytelling - 2012
- iPad Illustrations by Rachel Fryer (age 7) for #playingwithmedia - 2011
- Comparing No-Edit Cloud Based Audio Recording Options #playingwithmedia - 2011
- The iTunes Album Which Was Lost Is Found! - 2011
- Optimize iTunes import settings for audio book CDs - 2010
- iPhone GS for Mobile Video Publication: A big battery disappointment - 2009
- UAV Exhibit at Smithsonian Air and Space - 2009