I have been comparing the relative benefits and feature sets of WordPress and Drupal as server-based blogging and content management systems. I have decided to give Drupal the nod. This comparative review as well as this extensive study (PDF) were the main bases for my decision. It looks to me like Drupal is more intimidating from a system admin point of view (but thankfully I have great assistance with that) but more robust and powerful.
We shall see– I plan to combine my Tools for the TEKS Updates blog with my primary blog (this one) soon using Drupal. RSS feed addresses will change, so stay tuned, but I will post them both places along with redirect/bounce pages where I can.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Use Video Camera Like a Pencil - A Blog Like a Textbook - 2014
- Wind Energy in the Classroom at Podstock 2013 - 2013
- Lessons Learned Teaching Mapping Media Last Semester as a Blended Course - 2013
- A Video Lecture You Won't Soon Forget: Video Games and Storytelling - 2012
- Webcasting with Ustream, an iPad, a Tripod & an XLR Boundary Microphone - 2012
- It's not a real spider, it's just a smartphone - 2011
- Alan November's website was hacked - 2010
- River Rafting in Colorado with Buffalo Joe's on the Arkansas River - 2010
- A free online musical - But watch out - No ratings here... - 2008
- Know any fantastic Drupal developers? - 2008