My Microcomputer Applications students this term helped me design and gather resources for a short 6 minute animated movie I created this evening, entitled “What is RSS?” Another title for this short film could be, “How Do I Find the Information I Want?” The animated movie “Get Creative” from Creative Commons was our inspiration for this project.
We designed and storyboarded this animated narrative with the goal of helping any teacher, regardless of how technology oriented or non-oriented he or she might be, understand RSS technology and why it is a great tool to utilize with a free aggregator like Bloglines.
Download this file in QuickTime format: what-is-rss2.mov (4.3 MB)
- Windows IE users should right-click the link above and choose SAVE TARGET AS, Mac users control-click and choose SAVE TARGET AS or DOWNLOAD LINKED FILE to save the file to your computer’s hard drive.
- Free QuickTime player software is required to view and play this animated movie.
- The syntax for the customized Google news search feed mentioned in the movie is:
Feel free to share this resource with others who may be interested in RSS. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Tools used to create this animated movie included a Macintosh Powerbook, iMovie, Garageband, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, QuickTime Pro, and KeyWebX. Websites utilized included Partners in Rhyme Royalty Free Music and Sound Effects, Creative Commons Search, Yahoo Creative Commons Search, and Google Image Search.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast455: EdTech Struggles and Aspirations - 2017
- Podcast447: Reflections on Screenagers Movie - Growing up in the digital age - 2016
- 2nd PLAYDATE PD Event in Oklahoma: Saturday October 4th! - 2014
- iPhone5 Weight & Form Factor - 2012
- Blocked Sites in China - 2010
- Purchase a new webkinz or say goodbye to WebKinz World Online - 2009
- An Exemplary Interactive Mobile Conference Website (Vision 2020 Conference) - 2009
- Deer Creek (Oklahoma) Students and Teachers Using Skype - 2009
- Edmond Parents Protested President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Podcast281: Brisinger Book Release, Home Run Books, Flow, and Reading Advice from 10 Year Old Alexander - 2008