Yelp is a cool social networking website focused on reviewing and reading reviews of restaurants, night life hot spots, spas and “active life” destinations in a particular area. If you live in or are traveling to a major city (Boston, Chicago, Seattle, LA, NYC, Atlanta, Austin, etc) Yelp could be a great resource to find new places to go and eat, recommended by others living in or visiting that city.
Not a lot of reviews for the Lubbock area yet, looks like most of the contributors at this point are in the Bay area. Very cool example of web 2.0 social networking technology!
Check out my yelp at http://wesley.yelp.com. I added several reviews of restaurants in the Lubbock area this morning, along with my favorite dry cleaners!
I think Yelp should add a category for coffee shops! I learned about this from the latest “This Week in Tech” podcast.
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Lego Stopmotion: Voldemort Meets Gandalf - 2014
- Faculty Require Mastery of Content and Skills - Not Just Technology Use - 2011
- Beautiful Transmediation Example: How To Be Alone - 2011
- Accessing Citrix from Ubuntu - 2010
- Avoid Twply.com and change your Twitter password frequently - 2009
- Categorizing web 2.0 sites by function - 2009
- Join Darren and other K12Online Conveners today LIVE on Manitoba radio and online - 2009
- Don't be awed by enhanced access to administrative academic data - Look for pedagogic changes instead! - 2009
- Vitae guidance on presentations? - 2008
- Morning with Dr. Alan Kay - 2008