Finally! A great example of a higher education professor using podcasts in innovative ways to promote student reflective thinking and dialog!
iCube is the podcast for Dr. David B. Miller’s “General Psychology I” class, which he is co-authoring with students to discuss issues and questions relating to his lectures. Dr. Miller teaches at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, CT.
Do you know a professor, department chair, dean, provost or college president? Send them the link to Dr. Miller’s iCube podcast! Everyone in higher education (myself included) needs to work on “getting their heads around” the instructional possibilities of podcasts which can go far, far beyond merely “podcasting the lecture.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Killing Classen SAS in Oklahoma City Public Schools - 2019
- Lessons Learned With Elementary STEM Centers - 2014
- Access OTA - EncycloMedia 2012 Session Info via a Google Spreadsheet - 2012
- Rediscovering the joys of mobile learning with Podcaster & Audible - 2011
- Predictions for the iSlate on Wednesday: Apple Gambling Big to Redefine Digital Literacy - 2010
- OKC WordPress Group 25 Jan 2010 - 2010
- How to send broadcast SMS messages to students with Textmarks - 2010
- Fair Elections Now: Why we must change campaign finance in the United States - 2010
- Fond memories of Fred McPherson - 2008
- The power of reading - 2007