This is a sad but accurate commentary on our current state of affairs in K-12 education in the United States: NPR’s January 1st show: A Song for Students: ‘Not on the Test.’
If you’re looking for a short (like 2 minute) attention-getter for teachers to start a professional development session or conference presentation, this song could be ideal. The song contends students don’t need to worry about learning to think, because that is “not on the test.”
Obviously this message should dramatize what we need to CHANGE in the ways many teachers are teaching and administrators are administrating in schools. Critical thinking should be a centerpiece of what the educational process is all about.
Thanks to Bob Sprankle for this link.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Document Your World With HyperLapse Videos - 2015
- Cool iPad Art & STEAM Apps & Hacks - 2015
- Improving Student Writing Using iPads - 2014
- Use Appointment Slots on a Google Calendar - 2012
- Creative Math Word Problems about Rock Climbing & Mountaineering #favlesson - 2012
- Underwhelmed by iBooks Author Software - 2012
- A Creative Professional Resume on Prezi - 2011
- Considering Options to Reduce Monthly Wireless Bills - 2011
- Beatings, Electric Shock and Death for Internet Addicted Chinese Youth - 2010
- Why don't more teachers integrate technology more effectively? - 2010