Wednesday after school I shared a few different iPad apps and a great STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) drawing device with our art teacher at school whose classroom is just down the hall from me. Here’s the list of links I sent her afterward as a follow-up, along with a few other videos and related resources. My complete list of fall 2014 iPad apps for my STEM classroom is available on List.ly.
- More information is available on the official app website: http://procreate.si/
- This $10 online course about ProCreate brushes from Art Study Online looks fantastic, and I may take this later in the spring.
Singing Fingers (free)
This is a good, short video on Singing Fingers and what it can do:
This is a video about the Drawdio pencil I ordered but haven’t put together yet, I think this is going to be VERY cool and something I’ll show Rita as well: (Rita is our school music teacher)
I ordered this kit for about $20 with shipping from Adafruit:
Super-Awesome Maker Sylvia did her first show about the Drawdio back in 2010, so it must be cool! I can’t wait to show this to my STEM students and let my Maker’s Club kids play with the Drawdio in February!
Last here is the animation app I am going to load on the iPads and want to teach my students to use this year: Do Ink ($5). This video provides an overview of the app’s newest features.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Modern Learning in School: The 14 Legs of the Table - 2020
- Document Your World With HyperLapse Videos - 2015
- Improving Student Writing Using iPads - 2014
- Use Appointment Slots on a Google Calendar - 2012
- Creative Math Word Problems about Rock Climbing & Mountaineering #favlesson - 2012
- Underwhelmed by iBooks Author Software - 2012
- A Creative Professional Resume on Prezi - 2011
- Considering Options to Reduce Monthly Wireless Bills - 2011
- Beatings, Electric Shock and Death for Internet Addicted Chinese Youth - 2010
- Why don't more teachers integrate technology more effectively? - 2010