This podcast is a recording of a presentation by Celynda Brashner, an attorney, at the METC Conference in St. Louis today. The conference program description of her presentation was: Presentation will be addressing practical policy and legal issues associated with the use of technology in the schools. This is intended to be an interactive process. You will be encouraged to ask questions, share experiences and obtain information that will assist school districts and related entities in developing and implementing appropriate policy and procedures. Will also examine how the law and common sense can be combined to facilitate effective policy development and implementation. Some specific subjects that will be addressed include governing statutes and constitutional provisions; misuse of district systems and equipment; student or employee-created websites, blogs and other postings; use of technology to document student misconduct; investigating employee misconduct; maintaining a chain of custody; and specific court cases directly related to technology in schools. We will also address the new (and very scary) federal rules of civil procedure pertaining specifically to the preservation and discovery of electronic records. It is important for all school employees and officials to be aware of these new and very strict rules.
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Backyard Astronomy Laser and iPhone App - 2016
- Reflections on the Daddy Daughter Dance - 2015
- Don't Judge the Creativity of All Chicago Teachers & PD Based On 1 Absurd Video - 2014
- Mapping Media to the Common Core (eMINTS Conference - Columbia, Missouri) - 2014
- Lights, iPad, Action: Original, Rich Multimedia Coming Soon to a Course Near You! - 2013
- Technology Today Enhanced ePub eBook - 2012
- Principal Evaluation System from McREL by Tony Davis and Kent Davis - 2012
- Tulsa Public Schools Teacher Evaluation Model by Jana Burk [Feb 2012] - 2012
- Danielson Framework for Teacher Evaluation in Oklahoma [Feb 2012] #oktle - 2012
- #wordpress user group 28 Feb 2011 Notes - 2011