The most recent issue of the CITE Journal has just been published. This online, peer-reviewed journal focuses on technology and teaching. It is jointly sponsored by five teacher educator associations representing science education, math education, language arts, social studies, and educational technology. Truth in advertising: as editor, I’m probably biased about its value.
That having been noted, I would call your attention to an editorial in the current issue, “Research on the Effectiveness of Technology in Schools: The Roles of Pedagogy and Content.” This editorial represents the collective efforts of the editors of educational technology journals to identify needed research that will advance the profession. We would be interested in your reactions and thoughts regarding the perspective presented.
We will be getting together next week in San Antonio. (Wes will be joining us as well.) I would be glad to share any reactions or feedback that you might have in response to the editorial.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 16 Years of Web Hosting Changes with WordPress and Other Web Platforms: The Lessons Continue - 2018
- AirPlay Mirroring for Chromebooks with AirParrot - 2016
- Podcast400: Lessons Learned After Two Days of Scratch Camp (March 2013) - 2013
- Visualizing #beyondthetextbook - 2012
- Synthesizing #beyondthetextbook dialog in groups - 2012
- Morning discussions on digital content, textbooks, & learning - 2012
- Required Reading for #beyondthetextbook - 2012
- Questionable Apple Behavior Regarding Original ACOT Research and Challenge Based Learning - 2010
- Podcast307: The Challenges of Integrating Web 2.0 in Missouri Schools by Bob Martin - 2009
- Podcast239: 21st Century Learning: Embedding New Skills and Assessments by Dr. Richard Hersh (COSN 2008 Keynote) - 2008