Have you had trouble leaving comments on my blog lately? I reconfigured my blog spam plug-ins awhile back, and it has REALLY helped– almost eliminating all blog spam entirely, but it seems comments have been quieter than usual. That may be because people are just not wanting to comment… but I want to make sure technical problems are not getting in the way of comments. I have seen a couple of comments where people have had to post several times, and I think eliminate some links from their comment in order for it to be accepted by WordPress.
Among other comment spam plugins I’m running an older alpha version of James McKay’s Comment Timeout, and have the following settings configured:
I’m thinking this may be the culprit. If you’ve had problems commenting lately (in the past few weeks) please let me know with a comment here! If you can’t leave a comment, you can contact me via other electronic means.
I’ll likely upgrade my WordPress version as well as plug-ins in the next couple of weeks, and see if that addresses any problems people may be having. If you have suggestions along these lines, I’m certainly open to consider them. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Drawing is an Act of Attention - 2012
- Media Literacy & Critical Thinking Test: Water Mountaineering - 2011
- Schools must be data informed: NOT data driven - 2010
- Lessons learned webcasting over Ustream with a Nady wireless microphone - 2009
- Podcast255: Implications of Transfer of Wealth for Schools and Communities - 2008
- Watch the space shuttle launch live today! - 2008
- High speed WiFi? Please give me available bandwidth details! - 2008
- Herrrrrrrrrrrrre's Dean! - 2007
- Welcome Dean Shareski - 2007
- Praise for the NASA Digital Learning Network - 2007