This podcast is a recording of the NECC 2007 presentation “Reinventing Project-Based Learning: Your Field Guide to Real-World Projects in the Digital Age” by Jane Krauss and Suzie Boss, along with several other educators who joined the session via Skype.Â As the authors of an upcoming book on project-based learning with the same title as this presentation, Jane and Suzie shared about their own learning journeys in conducting the research and actually writing this book. They including many different projects teachers and students around the world are involved in to both engage and educate them with skills they’ll need to thrive today and in the future. I apologize that the last few minutes of this session were cut off, I was not able to stay for the last few minutes of this session at NECC due to another commitment. The majority of their message is here, however, and I want to express thanks to all the presenters for both their message as well as giving permission to share this recording as a podcast.
- My text notes from this NECC presentation
- Jane and Suzie’s book blog
- Jane’s del.icio.us social bookmarks
- Suzie’s del.icio.us social bookmarks
- The Reinventing Project-Based Learning Flickr Group (join and contribute!)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Write Well, Sell Well Conference Sept 21, 2013 in Oklahoma City - 2013
- Hallelujah: Oklahoma Withdraws from Common Core PARCC Testing Consortium - 2013
- iPad Tutorial: Use a Free Amazon Wish List as an Information Trap for Books - 2012
- The Pivot to Personal Digital Learning by Tom Vander Ark #innov8 - 2011
- Why email is NOT good enough for communication today - 2010
- Phenomenal Math Curriculum Makeover Video by Dan Meyer - 2010
- Debunking Myths of SextCasting - 2009
- Podcast322: Powerful Ingredients for Blended Learning (Ingredients 1 - 5) - 2009
- 3 more days to submit for K12Online08! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-08 - 2008